Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Stranger on Mars Hill Church

A Seattle newspaper known as The Stranger has an article by Brendan Kiley about Mark Driscoll’s Mars Hill Church in Seattle. It’s entitled Church or Cult? The Control-Freaky Ways of Mars Hill Church. It includes Andrew’s story (see here), other stories, and part of a response by a Mars Hill pastor. I realize that there are two sides to every story, but I tend to shy away from any church that stresses “authority” or “submission”. Granted, church leaders have a right (within reason) to run their churches as they see fit, and, if I were to be a member or an attendee, I would have to accept their rules. But I would not join a church where the leaders are so insecure that they have to harp on “authority” and “submission” to get people to respect them.

Search This Blog