Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sick, Constitution Day, Lenders, Palin on Hannity

Here are some quick items:

1. I'm battling a cold right now. Maybe it's because I went to McDonalds twice this week. I'm drinking lots of fluids, but that means I have to go to the bathroom every few minutes. I hope that doesn't disrupt my sleep tonight. I have to get up early tomorrow morning!

2. Today is Constitution Day. I feel a need to say something about it, but I'm not exactly sure what. Everyone seems to support the U.S. Constitution. The Heritage Foundation is handing out copies. Dennis Kucinich and Ralph Nader carry it around in their pockets. But George W. Bush allegedly called it "a piece of paper." I wrestle with the Constitution. Should the Bill of Rights be absolute, when making it so could threaten our public safety (terrorism)? At the same time, do we want the government (on all levels) to walk all over us? Is having three branches of government a good thing? On the one hand, it prevents the concentration of power in a single authority. On the other hand, it ensures that nothing gets done, or that the bad things that have been done pretty much stick around.

3. I heard on Hannity that Obama has some people from these corrupt lending companies advising him. McCain mentioned one of them in the speech I posted in McCain Foresaw the Problem: Franklin Raines. Will McCain make a big deal out of this? Probably not, since he has his own group of unsavory characters. His former economic advisor, Phil Gramm, was a major figure behind deregulating these companies (see here, but see here for Gramm's response). And McCain received $70,100 from Geoffrey Boisi, one of the directors of Freddie Mac (see here). But it's good of Hannity to point out this dirt on Obama, since the mainstream media aren't really doing so, plus it casts doubts of him being a "change" candidate. Let the liberal media attack McCain, and let the alternative media expose Obama!

4. Sarah Palin will be on Hannity and Colmes tonight and tomorrow. Some of his questions seem like soft-balls, but others tackled policy (e.g., Iraq, America's place in the world, health care, etc.) as well as her record (the Bridge to Nowhere). I think it will be a chance for us to get to know Sarah Palin a lot better. Maybe I'll warm up some chicken soup while I watch it!

Search This Blog