Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Other Thoughts for the Day

Here are some other thoughts for the day:

1. Hasselbeck 'really upset'. Elisabeth is thinking of leaving the View. She doesn't like being ganged-up on. Come on! Here's another disappointment. I wish more people on my side had guts. Sean Hannity's not afraid of Joy and Barbara. You're needed on the View, Elisabeth, not on your own Fox show. I don't watch the View that often, but you do fine when I do get to see it.

2. I'm thinking of one of AA's traditions: we place principles before personalities. You know, it would help me considerably in my Christian life if I did just that. Often, I view God through how others have portrayed him to me. And how that plays out is that I see him as someone who's overly focused on law, who demands for me to be perfect, who doesn't accept me for who I truly am. I don't hate God so much because he made me with Asperger's. I hate him because he made me with Asperger's and demands that I be a perky, happy-happy Christian extrovert.

But who knows if that's really the case? I've not seen God. Job's friends were telling Job what they had heard about God, and they turned out to be wrong.

I can hate God because of how other Christians have represented him to me--through their words and their actions. Or I can look beyond the personalities and seek God for myself. Then, I can hopefully come back and love those I hate. But it's all a process. It's not like I'm going from one stage to another. The stages may overlap.

3. I don't know what all the brouhaha is about Palin's Pakistan comments. I don't think we should take off the table the possibility of us going into Pakistan and taking out Al-Qaeda. That's not telling Pakistan or anyone else what we will do. It's talking about possibilities. And I say the same thing about Obama if that's what he meant.

Search This Blog