Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Governor Palin Has Spoken

Governor Sarah Palin has just introduced herself to the American people. Immediately after her speech, I switched from C-Span to CNN so I could see what a liberal network had to say. The announcer there affirmed that she hit a home run. Then, I switched to MSNBC, and Chris Matthews remarked that Palin was nothing like Hillary Clinton, despite attempts to posit that McCain selected her to appeal to Hillary voters. Matthews continued to state that she launched a cultural defense of small town America and was a torpedo against the Obama-Biden campaign.

Anti-elitism played a big role at the convention this evening. I think that Rudy Giuliani was the right choice to give the keynote address. I got hysterical when he said, "I'm sorry that Barack Obama doesn't think Sarah Palin's town is 'cosmopolitan' enough...Maybe it's the type of town that clings to religion and guns!" My quote doesn't do justice to how he said it!

Although I lavished praise on Sarah Palin when John McCain selected her, part of me thought that she came across as a shallow cheerleader type with an annoying, high-pitched voice. But she didn't project that image at all in her speech. She had poise. She spoke with knowledge and conviction. She came across as just a regular person--as a mom, or an aunt, or a concerned citizen. And I just loved her sarcasm against Obama and Biden.

This will be an interesting race!

Search This Blog