Sunday, September 22, 2013

A Man Who Just Keeps Praising the Lord!

At church this morning, the pastor was talking about a handicapped man who keeps on praising the Lord.  When a ramp was set up at his house, this man was just praising the Lord!

Why am I reluctant to be that way?  Is it because I consider it to be shallow, or unrealistic?  Is it because I like a story in which a person descends before ascending, rather than a story about someone who is always on cloud 9?

The thing is, it's not as if my griping, ungrateful, self-entitled attitude is all that admirable.  It's not.  Far from it!  I don't want to be the way that I am now.  But I'm not sure if I want to be the sort of person who is always happy and praising the Lord.

I can't judge, though.  How do I know that the man my pastor mentioned lacks his share of struggles?  Maybe his attitude of continual praise is his way of coping. 

Search This Blog