Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans' Day

Today is Veterans' Day, and, to be honest, I don't know what to say about it. I definitely want to thank the men and women who voluntarily place their lives on the line for a cause greater than themselves. That's more than I do, since you don't see me in Iraq!

But I must note how damaging war is. I was watching CBS News, and it was profiling a group of American military women, who helped kill Iraqis (even though women technically aren't allowed in combat situations). One of them contemplated suicide after she returned home.

War is no joke. Soldiers lose body parts. They lose their friends. They're away from their family and friends for a long period of time. Many of them suffer an immense amount of depression when they return home. I hope that the current Iraq War turns out to be worth all that.

Search This Blog