Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Has There Ever...

Has there ever been a Presidential election in which the candidates campaign down to the very last minute? I'm still getting automated calls, as well as calls from Obama volunteers. And Obama and McCain are still stumping. Amazing!

While I was waiting in line to vote this morning, a smiling African-American young man was handing out Obama leaflets. Another African-American man who was standing in front of me said about him, "It's too early for him to be smiling!" Obama may be ahead in the polls, but no one sees this election as a sure thing, at least not at the present moment. Are Obama supporters afraid that Obama will lose on account of his race? I don't know.

I have a few posts to write--academic stuff. While I do that, I'll be listening to Sarah Palin's convention speech. That was when McCain looked like a shoe-in! It was before those disastrous Palin interviews. I might as well reminisce while Rome burns!

Search This Blog