Thursday, October 2, 2008

Watching ALF Last Night

I watched some episodes of ALF last night on WGN. It was cheesy, but I found myself laughing out loud a lot. I needed that medicine!

On my Facebook profile, I said I was watching ALF and that I missed being a kid from the 80's. My mom responded that, every time she watches the Andy Griffith Show, she misses being a kid from the 60's.

I had kind of a snug, nostalgic feeling while I was watching ALF. When I was a kid, I didn't have to worry about that much. My food, clothing, and shelter were taken care of. I didn't have a lot of homework, since I was in elementary school. And the future seemed unlimited. In my mind, I could be anything I wanted to be. I even pictured myself becoming President of the United States. I couldn't wait to grow up! Now, I wish I were a kid. It's hard to grow up, even though I'm advancing in my chronological age.

I really like the Season 1-2 intro to ALF, better than the intros for the other seasons (watch it here). On it, ALF annoys most of the family members, especially the cat (which ALF wants to eat). But, at the end, the family motions for ALF to come to them as they get ready to pose for the camera. ALF may be annoying, but he's become a valued part of the family.

But I probably shouldn't get too sentimental about a comedy!

Search This Blog