Friday, December 6, 2013

Links on Nelson Mandela

I would like to share some links about the late Nelson Mandela.

1.  This is a post that I wrote in 2007, back when I was more conservative.  Although the post contains an American right-wing perspective about South Africa, I praise Nelson Mandela near the end.

2.  This is my review of the movie Invictus, a movie that highlighted not only Nelson Mandela’s skills as a leader, but also his goodness as a man.

3.  My friend Felix Taylor, in his post “You might have grown up in the WCG if…“, states: “You believed in your whole heart that Nelson Mandela was a terrorist and a no good commie—but thankfully you grew up and understood that Mandela was one of the few politicians (and I mean very few) in the world who believed and practiced true Christianity. If you can only kick yourself!”  Well said, Felix!

4.  Here is a 1985 debate between Jesse Jackson and Jerry Falwell about South Africa.  It has a lot of good point-counterpoint.

5.  Here is Mandela’s appearance in Spike Lee’s 1992 movie Malcolm X.  This is one of my favorite movies, and I thought it was cool that Mandela appeared in it.

Search This Blog