Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Simon on Walker: Texas Ranger

It was 1:00 am last night. I was turning the channel to Hallmark so I could tape The Waltons, which was coming on at 8:00 the next morning. I saw Simon Camden from 7th Heaven when he was a kid--on an episode of Walker: Texas Ranger. "Simon!," I shouted. And so, even though I needed to get up early the next morning, I decided to watch the episode.

It was from 1997, and it was called "Brainchild." 7th Heaven started in 1996, so David Gallagher was already Simon when he did this Walker episode.

To be honest, the episode was pretty lame. Everyone's acting seemed so forced. I had to yawn when I saw the scene where Simon encounters his long-lost mother, and it wasn't just because I was sleepy and the mom wasn't Catherine Hicks. The scene was just lame.

Then there was this computer, which had a personality. He was friends with Simon. Well, the evil people in the laboratory were about to shut the computer down, since it had a picture of them engaging in their sinister wrongdoing. I was hoping the computer would make all the facility's electrical devices trap and hurt the evildoers as they tried to turn it off. Instead, it gave us lame wise-cracks.

Oh, and I forgot to mention: Simon could move objects with his mind. At a certain stage in its history, Walker got too much into the paranormal, and it's not even in the fantasy genre. Walker travelled in time on one episode. Why was it trying to go Dr. Who on us?

Fortunately, Simon got to be a better actor with age. Still, I have a soft spot for him in his childhood days.

Search This Blog