Sunday, August 31, 2008

My 50th Post for the Month

I'm writing this so I'll have 50 posts for this month. Here are some ideas for the coming week:

1. Were the Maccabees descended from Aaron? I read in the Catholic Study Bible that they were not. We know that the Qumran people left Jerusalem out of some concern for priestly lineage. What was it?

2. Hopefully, weather permitting, the Republican National Convention will start tomorrow. I'll be sharing my top ten favorite moments from convention history.

3. I read something fascinating in Michael Fishbane's Biblical Interpretation in Ancient Israel--about how Deutero-Isaiah argues against Genesis 1. I'll write about that sometime this week, and it will hopefully help me on a paper I'm writing about the book.

Stay tuned!

Search This Blog