Saturday, October 3, 2009

10 Random Beliefs Meme

Bitsi tagged me in her post, 10 random beliefs meme, to write my own ten random beliefs. Here they are, the good, the bad, and the ugly:

1. Me being part of an evangelical community would be like being in a straitjacket!

2. Libertarianism would probably work for health care because it would result in competition and lower prices. But it won’t happen, so the government paying for my health care looks pretty good to me!

3. Libertarianism and conservatism are wrong to expect everybody to be a successful entrepreneur or sink, for not everyone has business talent.

4. People are good at heart; people are self-absorbed jerks with no understanding towards other people. Contradictory, I know!

5. There are a lot of liberals who are condescending, and there are a lot of evangelicals who are smug. But I should try to see them as people.

6. Life begins at conception.

7. There’s a loving higher power with a moral standard of love. He’s been at work throughout history, and he’s at work today in people’s lives, teaching them, providing for them, and making them better people. We see this in the Bible, but I wouldn’t rule out it also being in non-Christian settings, cultures, and religions, in some way, shape, or form.

8. There’s an afterlife.

9. God will one day dramatically intervene in human events, defeat evil, and set up his kingdom.

10. I should be compassionate towards and help the poor, because I could be poor.

Search This Blog