Friday, July 18, 2008

Some More on Fleshly Entertainment

Last night, I watched the first hour of Love Actually. Someone recommended it to me. While there were scenes that I liked (e.g., Liam Neeson's tender relationship with his little boy, who has a cute crush on a little girl), I just couldn't watch it all the way through.

There was so much nudity in it. It was about people going on dates and getting laid. This one British guy comes to America specifically to get sex, since he's somewhat of a dunce in Great Britain (of course, I could identify with him there--I wonder if I'd be a more successful dater in other countries!).

I just felt that watching it was a waste of my time. I didn't really care for the characters or what happened to them. I took out the Love Actually DVD and put in an episode of Smallville. Smallville always makes me feel better!

I know I sound like a prude--more so than I did in yesterday's post, Charlie Pace: Flesh v. Spirit. So what's my stance on sex in entertainment? I guess I don't mind it, as long as it's not the main focus of the show or movie. The show or movie has to have some redeeming qualities, in my humble opinion.

Search This Blog