Friday, July 11, 2008

In the Twilight Zone...

In terms of my blog, I feel like I've been in the twilight zone this past week.

Normally, I criticize evangelicals and Christian apologists. This week, I've been one of them.

Normally, I don't get too many responses. This week, one of my posts got 30 (granted, a lot of those were mine, but it's still more than I usually get).

What's astounding about this week is that I haven't heard from my friends who usually comment on my blog. Yvette. Bryan. Jake. Izgad. Felix. My very own family (Mom and Aunt C.). The atheistic/agnostic wing of the recovering Armstrongite community. I wonder what Russell and Aggie think about my little foray into Christian apologetics. Well, they probably thought my blog was too Christian to begin with, but I may have drawn them in at times with my questions, my rants against evangelicalism, and my blunt honesty.

The only continuity between my old blog life and my new blog life is Steph. She's kind of like Lydgate in George Eliott's Middlemarch: she connects various pieces of the story by being in all of them.

What happens is that I plan to write one blog post, and it turns into more than one. It's kind of like what happened when George Lucas sat down to write Star Wars. Well, that occurred here: I was planning to address Steven Carr's arguments against the resurrection in one sitting, then I found the post getting too long. "Man, there's still more I want to say," I thought. And so I broke it down into installments.

I may write my last resurrection post tomorrow--the last for a while, that is. Or the last one until I read James Crossley's response to N.T. Wright.

But the discussion has been interesting. It's certainly given me new things to think about.

Search This Blog