Sunday, June 29, 2008

Debbi Morgan

I was watching The Runaway on the Hallmark Channel last night, and it was about race in the 1949 South. It had Debbi Morgan on it (along with Maya Angelou and Dean Cain). I first saw Debbi Morgan on The Jesse Owens Story, in which she played Jesse Owens' wife. Then, I saw her on The Hurricane, in which she played Rubin Hurricane Carter's wife.

The third time I saw her was on Roots: The Next Generation, but she was a lot younger on that. There, she played Tom the Blacksmith's daughter. She wanted to marry a man who was half black and half white, and her father would have none of it. And so she promised never to marry, and she kept her vow.

Then, I saw her on an episode of The Incredible Hulk. She was young on that too, and she played an orphan who was stealing from people. It had kind of an Oliver Twist sort of plot.

The weird thing is this: until last night, I never connected the woman from The Jesse Owens Story and Hurricane with the young girl from Roots: The Next Generation and The Incredible Hulk. When I saw Hurricane, I thought, "Hey, that's the lady from The Jesse Owens Story!" When I saw the Incredible Hulk episode, I thought, "Hey, she's the girl from Roots!" I didn't realize that they were the same person!

Search This Blog