Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Self-Transparency

Why’s it so difficult for me to take a personal moral inventory, to take an honest look at bad (or inappropriate) things I have done? Is it because I’m afraid that I’ll find out I’m a bad person, when I’m really not? Or that I’ll uncover flaws that I won’t be able to solve because they’re endemic to my nature? I don’t like others probing me because I think that they’re calling me a bad person when they do so. But I also have problems probing myself. I’m reluctant to be transparent to others because I’m afraid of being put down. But why do I have a problem being transparent to myself?

Of course, you, my reader, won’t know the answers to these questions, for you’re not me. But do you have problems being honest with yourself? If so, why? And how do you solve that problem?

Search This Blog