Monday, February 16, 2015

President's Day 2015

Today is President’s Day!  We’ll be going to a couple of Goodwills, the ones where the price of everything is 35% off.  I’ll be looking at the books, DVDs, and VHSs.

I have set limits on what I buy.  Sometimes, I regret my decisions.  I wish, for example, that I got that book by Donald Miller, or Pope Benedict’s biography of Jesus.  Come to think of it, I may have even turned down Rob Bell’s Love Wins.  I am a man of discipline!  But it’s not the end of the world.  I can get things from my local library.  Today, I’ll be on the lookout for Christian fiction.  That has been my thing, lately.

I was thinking about the topic of Presidents.  Who is my favorite President?  I am too jaded to answer that question today.  I read an article not long ago about some of the company former President Clinton may be keeping, and that did not make me like former President Clinton that much!  I still vote, though, because some candidates are more likely to be sympathetic regarding the issues that affect me (i.e., the interest rates I’d have to pay on my student loans).

Search This Blog