Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans' Day and Justin's "Cool" Life

Happy Veterans’ Day! It gets to the point where I don’t know what to say about the holidays that come around each year. But, come to think of it, I did watch a show about veterans’ issues last night: I was watching more of Season 3 of Brothers and Sisters, since I need to return the DVD as soon as possible. It has a hold, and so I can’t renew it. On Brothers and Sisters, Justin is a veteran of the Afghanistan and Iraq wars. In one of the episodes that I saw last night, Justin’s nephew is presenting Justin to his elementary school class, and the nephew says that Justin has a really cool life: he lives with his Mom, has no homework, and plays video games all day. Justin then realizes that he’s in a rut and has to get out of it somehow. Justin was kind of aimless even before he went to war. But war can still shoulder a person with a lot of baggage that can make it difficult for him or her to proceed through life.

Search This Blog