Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Eli Stone Attacks Religious Freedom

I just watched the last episode of Eli Stone, and I am not a happy camper! It's about a church that fired a minister for being transgendered. Here's the part that makes me mad: the church got sued for that!

Gay rights activists have always assured me and other religious conservatives that they don't want to force churches to accept their lifestyle. "If society recognizes gay marriage, that doesn't mean churches will have to perform them." "Anti-discrimination legislation exempts churches, so they don't have to hire homosexuals, if that goes against their beliefs." Now, I watch a show in which a church is sued for firing a transgendered person, and it loses!

Whatever happened to religious freedom, or the separation of church and state? Oh, liberals love the separation of church and state when it involves removing the Ten Commandments from courthouses. But the liberals who make Eli Stone have no problem with the state interfering in the church.

Can any institution be insulated from political correctness in today's society? Or is it being ramrodded down people's throats, by those who falsely label themselves "pro-choice."

I hope that Eli Stone's depiction of anti-discirimination laws in this episode is inaccurate.

I like Eli Stone, but right now I feel like saying, "Rest in peace."

Search This Blog