Thursday, February 11, 2016

Real Life

My church’s Life Group is not meeting today, since one of the leaders and her husband are on vacation.  This post is about last week’s Life Group.

As I’ve said before, I like how the group gives everyone a chance to talk and to share what is going on in his or her life.  Last week, as with every week, people were sharing their struggles and their apprehensions.  By “struggles,” I do not mean moral struggles so much, but more struggles with life.  One of the ladies there broke her arm a while back and is recovering.  Another of the ladies is frantically awaiting medical news about her husband.

A part of the church service that I actually like is when people share their joys and concerns.  This is not to say that I “like” the concerns.  Of course, I do not like it when a person has only a few weeks to live and has two small children.  Of course, I do not like it when a person is going blind.  Usually, these are not people who are in our congregation, but people in the congregation are sharing about what their friends are going through.  The reason that I appreciate this part of the service is that it is real life.  Faith does not have to ignore what is going on in real life.

Search This Blog