Thursday, November 28, 2013

President Nixon: Alone in the White House 14

On page 456 of President Nixon: Alone in the White House, Richard Reeves talks about a night during President Richard Nixon's trip to China when Nixon "could not get to sleep, he was too keyed up."

I've had that sort of experience in the past.  No, I never opened up relations with Red China, but there have been times when my mind was rushing at night in a sort of inertia, and thus I had problems getting to sleep.
 
On nights when I have given a speech that was well-received, or have challenged a speaker with my questions, my mind continues to rush with me thinking about what else I could have said.  It's like me being enamored with the sound of my own voice, only it's in my head.
It doesn't take me long to come back down to earth, though.

Search This Blog