Saturday, January 7, 2012

George Stephanopoulos Returning to ABC This Week

Tomorrow, George Stephanopoulos will be returning to ABC This Week, taking the place of Christiane Amanpour. I have enjoyed Christiane’s tenure on the program, particularly the debates that she moderated on Islam and big government. But I will be glad to watch George tomorrow. I did not care for George Stephanopoulos back when he was working for the Clinton Administration, for he came across on television as a pompous, arrogant, liberal know-it-all. I admired him, however, because he had a sharp mind. I started to like Stephanopoulos when he wrote an honest book about his experiences in the Clinton Administration, both good and bad (entitled All Too Human). And, whereas he struck me as narrowly partisan when working for the Clinton Administration (which I suppose is to be expected), I appreciated an interaction I heard between him and Sean Hannity on Republicans and the Civil Rights Act of 1964. When Hannity pointed out that many Republicans voted for that bill, George responded that many great achievements in history have been bipartisan.

Search This Blog