Saturday, January 23, 2010

Jean Simmons

I just read that actress Jean Simmons has passed away at the age of 80.

Yes, I thought she was a hottie on Spartacus and Elmer Gantry. But it's her later work that made more of an impression on me. I remember her as the person who read the Bible passages on Mysteries of the Bible---in a dramatic, eerie sort of way. And then there's her classic line on an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation, where she played someone who conducted a political witch-hunt: "I've brought down bigger men than you, Picard!"

R.I.P., Jean Simmons.

UPDATE: I hope this link works. Jean Simmons interrogates Picard, who gives an eloquent speech on civil liberties. If it doesn't work, you can search for the title on YouTube. Enjoy!

Lessons in Humanity: Habeas Corpus

Search This Blog