Monday, September 14, 2009

Patrick Swayze

I just read that Patrick Swayze has passed away from cancer.

I've not seen too many of his movies, to tell you the truth. I saw him in a 1986 episode of Amazing Stories, "Life on Death Row," but I was mainly watching that to see Kevin Hagen, Doc Baker on Little House. I want to see North and South some day because I like miniseries, plus I'm intrigued by the plot-line of brothers separated by war. I remember seeing a commercial for the miniseries, and (if memory serves me correctly) the Patrick Swayze character and his brother on the other side were hesitant to shoot each other.

I never saw Ghost, though I've seen movies like it. Or maybe I did see parts of it when I was a kid.

I want to see Red Dawn, which some consider a right-wing movie because it's about Americans' resistance to a Soviet invasion. Plus, I like Lea Thompson, and she's on it.

I remember reading about Barbara Walter's interview with him, and I admired his bravery in the face of his deadly disease.

I should probably see some Patrick Swayze movies.

Search This Blog