Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Brace Yourself...

Many of you are probably familiar with the Boromir meme.  You know, Boromir, from the Lord of the Rings.  Boromir is geared up for battle, and the top of the meme says “Brace yourself…”  Then the bottom of the meme can say a variety of things: “The calls for Bernie to drop out of the race are coming.”  Or “The ‘keep Christ in Christmas’ posts are coming.”

Well, this post here is a “Brace yourself” post.  Brace yourself: an avalanche of book reviews is coming on this blog! All at once!

I have been in the process of moving.  It has been a more grueling move than usual.  My computer and TV have not been set up yet.  In addition to helping with the move, I have done a lot of reading.  I have read four books, and the number is growing.  I have been writing my reviews in my notebook.  When my computer is set up, I will transcribe them to my blog.

What this means is that there will be a day in which four or five of my book reviews will appear on your blog feed…on a single day.  That will scare or annoy some of you.  But please do not stop following me on account of this!  I won’t be posting five posts every day!  I have no desire to clutter your blog feed or reader with my stuff on a regular basis!

I also am exploring churches in the area.  I visited a United Methodist church last Sunday.  I will want to write a post about that…maybe after my avalanche of book reviews!

I have felt a bit lonely not having TV or internet for over a week.  But there has been at least one positive.  Yesterday, I learned that Bernie lost some states.  I am glad that I have been cut off from the news for over a week.  In watching the news, I see Bernie doing well, and that gets my hopes up.  I dread him losing to Hillary.  I follow the drama, rooting for the underdog to win.  But, being cut off from the news, I do not think as much about the Presidential race, so, when I finally see the results, I am not as disappointed.  I am still disappointed, but it is not a crushing disappointment.

Search This Blog