Friday, December 26, 2014

School Plays

I was going to write a book review today, but I did not get to it.  I’ll save it for Monday!

I was thinking about school plays that I saw, both when I was in high school and an undergraduate in college.  In high school, I went to school plays to get extra credit.  At least I went to see Bye Bye Birdie for that reason.  I think it was my Geometry teacher who was offering extra credit, and I definitely needed it in that class!  I may have gone to Auntie Mame for that reason, too.  When I saw Auntie Mame, my Grandma, brother, and sister went with me.  It was a pleasant evening.

In college, I saw The Crucible.  There were other plays that went on that I did not see, but I decided to see The Crucible because I had heard of it and knew it was about the Puritans and McCarthy (both interests of mine).

Seeing these plays was fun.  I got to see people I knew playing parts on stage.  Their acting usually was not as good as what I saw on the movie versions.  But they did fine.  And I will say that seeing The Crucible put chills up my spine.  These girls were randomly accusing people of being witches, and the authorities were taking them seriously.  Yikes!

Search This Blog