Sunday, July 10, 2011

Suzanne and Rachel

Congratulations to Suzanne McCarthy of Suzanne's Bookshelf for being Number 1 on the June 2011 Top 10 Biblioblogs. Certain conservative Christians have moderated her out of their blogs, or have shed crocodile tears over her spiritual condition. It is for both of these reasons that I root for her success as a blogger! Anyone who draws gasps from right-wing Christians cannot be that bad!

Number 10 is Rachel Held Evans. Scotteriology is raising the question of whether she is technically a biblio-blogger. Some may care about semantics, and that's their prerogative. But, if I were to vote in the Top 10 Biblioblogs every month, I would vote for Rachel. Not only are her posts insightful, but the comments are excellent, too.

Some are applauding that the Top 10 has women bloggers. To be honest, I don't plan on applying an affirmative action policy to my own determination of what blogs I like or will vote for. I like Suzanne and Rachel because they are talented, insightful bloggers, and they're not afraid to take on the status quo.

Search This Blog