Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Today’s Mother’s Day! To honor that today, I want to share a memory of my Mom that came to me a few days ago. I was surfing through Netflix, looking for something to watch, when I came across a documentary about Stan Lee, the creator of Spiderman, the Hulk, the X-Men, and a host of other characters in the Marvel universe.

I remember when I was little, and my Mom came to my room one night when I was in bed and woke me up. She told me that there was something on TV that I might like, so I went to the living room and, behold, a documentary about Stan Lee and his comic-book characters! That was a different documentary from the one I perused on Netflix, for the Netflix one was made in the 2000′s, when my bedtime was basically any time I made it (yet with freedom comes great responsibility)! But, as I look back, I appreciate the fact that my Mom woke me up because she knew there was something on TV that I might like.

Happy Mother’s Day, mothers out there!

Search This Blog