Monday, April 13, 2009

Sayid on Ten Commandments

I was watching the 2006 Ten Commandments movie last night, and I noticed something: Sayid from Lost was on it! He played Moses' Egyptian "brother," who was not the Pharaoh in this movie but was still caught in a dilemma: love for Moses, yet hatred at what Moses' God was doing to his people.

The last time I watched this movie was a year ago during the Days of Unleavened Bread, and that was before I started watching Lost. But, when I first saw Lost, I didn't recognize Sayid as the actor from the Ten Commandments. I thought Shannon looked familiar, and I learned that she was on a movie that I saw years before, Murder in Greenwich. But I didn't recognize Sayid. That may be because he looks so different on the Ten Commandments: his hair is straight, he's clean-shaven, etc. I was disappointed that my Ten Commandments DVD box didn't identify him as the actor from Lost, especially since it made a big deal about other actors whom I hadn't heard of before. I mean, Lost had two years under its belt when this movie was made! Surely Sayid was famous by then!

He looks a little more like Sayid in the interview part of the DVD, only without the beard. He offers a lot of thoughtful comments about God, Moses, and the Cecille B. Demille movie. But the comments I liked the most were from the actor who played Aaron, Linus Roache, who discussed theology and violence in the Bible.

BTW, here's a good review of the 2006 Ten Commandments movie: Ten Commandments. A commenter responds that ABC must have paid its author to write it, for it's actually somewhat positive, whereas most critics panned the movie as a dog. But I like the movie, and I agree with much of this review. Enjoy!

Search This Blog